What is this?
This Error happens in File Uploads. The Error is mainly encountered when a user tries to upload a file that is not inline with the file
required at that time. A perfect example is your Profile Image Upload. The Extension for images according to your school portal version
might be only jpeg or png as the case may be depending on the version used by your school. If another type of file is uploaded,
it then result to this error.
Why do this error occur when I try to upload an image? But an Image was Required?
Even if its a passport that wants to be uploaded, there are so many extensions for images. Some examples are listed below:
1. PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
2. JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group)
3. GIF (Graphic Intercgange Format)
4. BMP (Bitmap Image File)
The GIF images allow moving images tobe uploaded which is not a good format for a profile picture. For some reasons best known to us, the poral may decide to use
the PNG or the JPEG format only but the JPEG are widely used.
How do I convert my image from png to jpeg?
This is easily done with the use of Paint found in every laptop. Any other image editing and manipulaing software like Adobe Photoshop,
Corel Draw, Adobe Fireworkscan be used for this purpose also.
Follow this Step and you are there..
1. Open the Image with any Image editing application of your choice (Paint Prefered).
2. Locate your Menu Option usually called File in most softwares and Click on Save as. An Alternative to this is the use of the keyboard shortcut "CTRL" + "SHIFT" + "S" or F12 depending on the software used.
Paint uses the F12, while some other softwares uses the "CTRL + SHIFT + S" command.
3. Under the dialog box, change the "save as type" to Jpeg and then click "Save". Then you can now upload that file back to where it was rejected.